HAC Athletics Coaching Opportunities
HAC is always accepting resumes and interests to coach for the Wolves. Please submit a resume and cover letter to Michael Taillie (email@example.com) and Peter Mancuso (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Job: Assistant Varsity Track and Field Coach (Throwing, Field Events)
HAC is currently accepting applications for an assistant track and field coach for the 2020-2021 spring sports season. The spring sports season is tentatively scheduled to begin April 19th, 2021.
The assistant track and field coach:
- Provides direct support to the head coach to support and manage 14+ student-athletes during practices, travel, matches and tournaments
- Assists in keeping all student athletes safe and accounted for
- Is responsible for aiding, planning and executing practices, matches and tournaments
- Promotes an appreciation of physical activity, teamwork and sportsmanship
- Motivates, encourages and provides constructive feedback to participating student-athletes in a positive and impactful way to help improve performances and the soccer experience
- Maintains a professional and positive attitude and demeanor in difficult situations.
- Ability to multitask in a busy environment
- Is a role model for all student-athletes
- Aids in uniform, equipment and schedule management and coordination
- Reports to Head Varsity Track and Field Coach and Athletic Directors
- High school diploma or equivalent or higher education
- Previous track and field experience as athlete and/or coach
- Proficient in teaching and coaching the fundamentals of discus throwing and shotput
- CPR, First Aid, AED and Heads Up Concussion Certification (can be earned through HAC)
- Effective interpersonal skills with middle and high school student-athletes and parents
- Practices typically run 3:30 - 5:30 PM on weekdays (practice times will vary)
- Meet and Invitational work hours vary depending on scheduled matches and tournaments
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends to support practices, matches and team-building events
Please email a resume, cover sheet and references to: email@example.com